Saturday, May 27, 2006

LIFE GOES ON....

It has been a bit of a weird week. Despite Big Brother now dominating the reality TV stakes there has still been some interest in the world of The Apprentice. I have been contacted by a number of newspapers and radio stations to have my say on various issues (from whether you should ever lie on your CV to whether I will be supporting England in the World Cup). Ruth was on 8 Out of 10 Cats last night (which seemed really scripted and which they didn't let her speak nearly enough). I thought Ruth looked amazing - really pretty and very confident. I know that Jo will be on the small screen any time soon - although I won't spoil it by saying where she will be - she'll be great too, I'm sure.

I have spent most of the week at the computer or on the phone. I am now looking for work again and have a number of things in the pipeline. Do I go it alone? There are various options for Karen Bremner plc but I don't know if I have the nerve to step out on my own at the moment. I am lucky enough to be able to sit back, take a deep breath and decide where I want to go rather than having to take the first thing that comes along. It is such a privileged position to be in and I know that I should make the most of it.

I was down in London last week to speak at a conference in the Excel centre. It was an amazing time where I met some amazing people. The place was full of people who have decided to bite the bullet and do something for themselves - workwise. I spent the whole time I was there meeting and talking to people about The Apprentice. People want to know (in reverse order) what Alan Sugar was really like, whether Syed was really as they portrayed him and whether I really want to work for Amstrad.

I enjoyed the experience so much that I am going to take some time to speak at similar events. I had no idea the interest that had been generated by the show and I think there are some interesting business lessons to share. I intend to have an online form ready in the next couple of days/weeks but, in the meantime, if you would like me to come and speak at an event you are holding please don't hesitate to get in touch.

1 Comments:

At 3:26 pm, Blogger Lets Design Editor. said...

Don't take this the wrong way, but I read your articles with some enthusiasm. However, your recent post sounds very down, even lost. You shouldn't even be on here typing away, this is your 'moment' you should be not thinking about setting up a business, but doing so. However, despite that I do like your articles, so do keep them coming.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home