Tuesday, May 16, 2006

THEY THINK IT'S ALL OVER....

..it is now.

The Apprentice 2006 has come crashing to an end. After the maddest experience of my life there is a slight sense of relief that I can go back to life pre-Apprentice (or close to it). There is no doubt that I have had some of the most amazing experiences of my life thanks to the programme and I can only thank Talkback Thames and all the other candidates for making it so!

There has been some unfortunate press coverage recently and I hope that others can see that it is just that...the press making something out of nothing. There is no hiding that I would have liked to see Ruth win but I am happy for Michelle. I'm sure she will do a cracking job for Sir Alan in what will be a pretty tough job. He's found his Apprentice.

And, as for the rest of us. It is interesting to see who has gone back to 'normal' life - whatever that is - and who is making the most of being a minor celeb for 15 minutes. Anyone who has read this blog knows that I have really enjoyed the interesting and different experiences that have come out of the show. The premiere to which I was invited was amazing and the various radio and TV appearances have blown my mind. I now have to take a deep breath and decide where I want to go now. There are so many opportunities out there - not just for me but for everyone. I am determined now, more than ever, to grab them and make the most of every day.

Being surrounded by positive people helps. Suddenly, nothing is impossible and you can move mountains. There will be things that get in the way but if life was easy it would be boring. Onwards and upwards.

I will keep writing the blog for a little while so keep popping in. I would like to thank every single person who has emailed and written to me. You have no idea how affirming it was to receive messages of support when I was feeling pretty dejected. I have replied to just about everyone and will be sending out some signed photos later today (for those of you who took the time to write and email requesting them).

For anyone wondering whether to apply for next year's Apprentice I would say take the risk and go for it. You never know where you might be this time next year.

6 Comments:

At 5:00 pm, Blogger air force one said...

Best of luck for the future Karen, form all those friends who knew you as a Training Officer in the RAF. Make the most of the oppoertunities open to you, while you can...

 
At 5:03 pm, Blogger air force one said...

Best of luck in the future Karen, from all of your old freinds and colleagues in the Training Branch of the Royal Air Force. Don't cover-up your RAF past, you should be justifiably proud of it. Make the most of your new opoertunities, while they last...

 
At 5:09 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So you and michelle aint reenacting footballer wives and going at eachother? shame, still good luck for the future karen and i hope you enjoyed it, i sure did.

 
At 7:36 pm, Anonymous steve said...

good to hear that you have lots of opportunities. of course you probably should have won the series, but thinking about it, you've probably got the best result, in that you've opened a few doors for yourself, but are away from the full glare of the media spotlight. best of luck in whatever you choose to do!

 
At 11:04 pm, Anonymous Oli said...

wish you well Karen!

 
At 12:21 pm, Blogger Chuck said...

wow hope you the best on getting on.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home