Tuesday, June 27, 2006

IT'S ALL HAPPENING

It has been a while since I wrote in my blog - not even sure if people are still having a look at it! No matter, it's good for the soul.

I have been on the media trail recently. I have made the decision that I am going to give it a go for 6 months and see if I can make a living out of it. I'll revisit in December and, if need be, I can go back down the path I was following before I had even thought about The Apprentice. I have a lovely start with a bit of radio work for Talk107, an east coast of Scotland station, for which I will be business correspondent. Starts small with two slots in the morning - but from small acorns great oaks grow (or something like that). I have also done a screen test or two and will be on Sky Legal this Friday at 1200 for the news review programme. I'm loving it too much.

It is crazy that the application process has started again for those thinking about applying for next year. It seems like a lifetime ago that I filled in the form trying to be a bit 'wacky' and standout from the crown but also trying to maintain a bit of professionalism. I can remember thinking that I wanted it so desperately and being determined that I would get on.

I was on Radio Scotland this morning with one of the new producers of the series. She was saying that they were looking for people from all walks of life and with all types of business experience and that there would be more emphasis on that in this series. I really hope not. I think it would be better if SAS didn't even know what people did for a living and then there would be no question of any kind of bias creeping in. There wouldn't and couldn't be any criticism that he has his own prejudices about graduates and consultants and the thing could be judged purely on the basis of the tasks - we'll see.

BIG NEWS

Samuel Judah and I have decided to take our experiences of The Apprentice on the road. We will be doing a series of business presentations setting out lessons learned from the series and answering any and all questions the audience may have. We want it to be a pretty informal do, so there will be some lovely wine and nibbles which will loosen the tongue a bit!! The first one will be in central London at the end of July and if that goes well we will be coming to a city near you.

If you are interested in the London event, do get in touch through this site. I can give you all the details as they come in. I will also post the link to the website once it is up and running (by the end of the week) which will allow you to pre-book tickets at a much reduced cost.

It will be a great night......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home