Monday, July 24, 2006

WHAT BEEN GOING ON?

Well, I guess it's time to update you all on what has been going on in the world of Karen Bremner. I am now into my fourth week with Talk107 as their Business Correspondent. It is a struggle to get up at 0600 every morning but I am really loving the buzz of live radio and think that the presenters on the morning show are amazing. They are up even earlier and always sound full of life - really sharp and funny. You can listen live by logging onto www.talk107.co.uk and should definitely give it a listen.

I am still plugging away at the TV companies and trying to persuade them that I do have a future on the small screen. It is definitely a case of being in the right place at the right time so I will just have to make sure I keep being as many places as possible! The one thing that has stuck me when I have been lucky enough to have meetings with people is how amazingly positive people are and how genuinely nice. There is a perception that the media is full of false 'luvvies' who are short tempered and full of c**p - but that really hasn't been my experience at all. People have, without exception, been friendly and given me good advice. Long may it continue - although a bit of work would be even nicer.

The end of July will be really busy with a presentation in Milton Keynes on business planning and being in London for the judging of an innovation competition run by i10 - really looking forward to those.

I guess I can't end this without wishing Michelle and Syed loads of congratulations on their latest 'merger' - baby Dewberry/Ahmed - good luck to you both!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home